ANO CENTRE OF ASSISTANCE TO ENVIRONMENTAL INITIATIVES «ECOLOGY»
Center of Assistance to Environmental Initiatives «Ecology», Autonomous Non-profit Organization, was established to promote the creation and development of favorable conditions for improving the environment in Russia, as well as to increase public involvement in making environmentally significant decisions.
To achieve these goals the Organization:
- Cooperates with the authorities and other interested organisations in the field of environmental protection to improve the legal and regulatory framework.
- Initiates and participates in the development and implementation of laws, regulations, federal, inter-branch and sectoral norms and rules in the field of environmental protection.
- Establishes and maintains relations with federal, regional and local authorities on issues that meet the goals of the Organization.
Public Council of the ANO Centre of Assistance to Environmental Initiatives «Ecology»
Public Council is an expert and advisory body, which is permanently acting under ANO Centre of Assistance to Environmental Initiatives «Ecology» and is established to coordinate the interaction between the participants as well as to ensure efficient implementation of public initiatives concerning environmental issues.
The Public Council consists of participants in environmental activities, representatives of executive and legislative authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, non-profit public organisations and the mass media. The Public Council is open to voluntary participation of all interested parties. Currently the Council has 160 members. The Council is chaired by Nikolay Valuyev, State Duma Deputy and Head of the Expert Council for Specially Protected Natural Areas under the Russian Ministry of Natural Resources.
The role of the Public Council as an expert and advisory body for the International Forum Ecology can hardly be overestimated. With its membership, which is widely represented by participants in environmental activities, representatives of government agencies, the business community, the scientific community, leading mass media, and experts of international level, the Council has become an authoritative source of the most important initiatives and decisions in the sphere of natural resources management and environmental protection.
Chairman of the Public Council of the ANO Centre of Assistance to Environmental Initiatives Ecology, Head of the Expert Council for Specially Protected Natural Areas under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation, State Duma Deputy.
Goals of the Council
- Approval of the main thematic areas of the Forum' s resolution.
- Organise the collection of proposals from participants in environmental activities, regions of the Russian Federation, and public organisations for inclusion in the Forum resolution.
- Organization of expert support for initiatives of the Forum' s resolution to the authorities and state development institutions of the Russian Federation.
- Promoting the resolution of the Forum as a tool of feedback from the society to the authorities in the implementation of environmental policy of the Russian Federation.